Pluvia 7 PHD
70mm widerange drive unit
4ohm double ferrite magnet
- 4in natural blue uncoated paper cone
- Wide operating range –rolled off high frequencies for vintage tone
- Low cone profile –very broad directivity pattern
- Advanced low-distortion motor design
- Long-stroke suspension with arrestor and progressive-rate spider
- Low-profile surface-mount reinforced polymer basket
The new paper-cone Pluvia 7PHD was developed specifically for the Japanese and Asian markets, and its response balance was carefully engineered to provide a shelved down treble and emphasised upper midrange output to address specific regional requests.
The attractive paper cone, suspension and low-mass coil, wound in high-purity rectangular section copper are unique to this model, and the Thiele / Small characteristics engineered to allow surprising bass performance from a compact drive unit. The frame is the familiar, high quality Pluvia design, which may be conveniently surface or flush-mounted, and has a very open design, allowing good air-flow to the rear of the cone.
The sound balance is warm, with emphasised upper midrange, and soft treble. Jazz followers in Asia played a role in the final tuning of this driver. Those enthusiasts into vintage and mono recordings using warm tube (valve) amplification may have a particular interest in this driver.
|PWR||15 Watts Nom|
|X max (Mech)||+/- 4mm|
4mm 1 way