Pluvia 7.2 HD
70mm Fullrange drive unit
6ohm double ferrite magnet
- 4in Soft Chrome or Vintage Gold magnesium alloy cone
- Operating range to 30KHz –very linear response
- Very shallow multiform cone profile –very broad directivity pattern
- Advanced low-distortion motor design
- Long-stroke suspension with arrestor and progressive-rate spider
- Low-profile surface-mount reinforced polymer basket
The second-generation Pluvia 7HD is designed to supersede our original Alpair 7 series drive units. It employs many of the same components, and has a very similar balance of frequency response and Thiele / Small values to the old Alpair model, packaged in the more efficient and convenient Pluvia frame. With a mounting depth of less than 4mm, the Pluvia may be surface or flush-mounted, and the design of the mounting legs is very open, allowing good airflow to the rear.
The low-mass coil, suspension and shallow-profile cone are highly efficient. Frequency response extends beyond 30KHz, and the generous 4mm (1-way) Xmax and conveniently balanced T/S parameters allow 40Hz bass output in suitable enclosure designs. The sound character is neutral and highly detailed, with excellent off-axis performance. It is an extremely flexible drive unit for music, small HT and commercial AV applications, and offers exceptional performance at an affordable price point.
Availble in 2 cone colours, vintage gold and soft chrome.
|X Max (Mech)||+/-4mm|